Editors remark: Following is a copy of Traveling
Teams Regulation Prepared and approved by Borough attorney Mr.
Mike Donovan, Councilwoman Ms. Bernadette P. McPherson, Joe Klunk
and Ken Kolich.
RUTHERFORD RECREATION DEPARTMENT
Please review the following rules and regulations with regard
to the Rutherford Recreation Department Travelling Teams:
- All children are required to attend tryout or tryouts for
travelling teams, unless some form of extenuating circumstances
exist at time of tryout. This exception is subject to the approval
of the League President and Superintendent of recreation.
- Playing on a travelling team is a privilege. Coaches, players
and parents are representing the Borough of Rutherford and should
conduct themselves accordingly.
- Children are required to attend all scheduled practices and
games. If a child is unable to participate in a practice or game
due to illness, grades, etc., the coach must be notified as soon
as possible. Note: Playing another in-town sport or other
in-town recreation program during a scheduled travel team game
is not an acceptable excuse.
- If a child quits a travelling team at any time before or
during the season, he/she will not be reinstated.
- Any unexcused absence from a practice or game will result
in a suspension of one or more games. More than one unexcused
absence will result in removal from the travelling team.
- Children and parents must understand playing on a travelling
team is a commitment. When you play on a travelling team, league
rules apply. Keep in mind, league fees paid, officials are hired.
If you are not committed to playing, you are letting down your
teammates, coaches, and there is a possibility of forfeiture
of games and league fines if you don't show up.
- All children picked to play on a travelling team are subject
to approval by the Rutherford Recreation Departments League
President and the Superintendent of the Recreation.
- Payment of registration fee is required before beginning
of the season.
- If you cannot commit to the above requirements, you must
inform the coach so that another child can participate in this
- These guidelines are intended to ensure: (1) Team Unity (2)
Commitment to team and coach (3) Responsibility and adherence
to team guidelines.
- All other possible breach of rules and regulations not listed
above will be discussed and decided upon on a case-by-case basis
by the League President and Superintendent of Recreation.
- Travelling team coaches are appointed by the League President
and approved by the Superintendent of Recreation. Coaches are
required to follow all rules and regulations of the Recreation
- All effort will be made to allow playing time for each team
member. Nevertheless, playing time is at the coachs discretion.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE ABOVE REGULATIONS AND AGREE
TO ABIDE BY THESE RULES.
SIGNATURE: ______________________ DATE: _____________________________